Friday, July 10, 2009

I’m signing in early ‘cause I wanna get some good sleep tonight.

I’m at staying over at my grandmother’s house. Had a short 3-hour road trip, which I slept through. I was just gonna see roads, trees, cars and more cars, nothing special. Got down at a road diversion, took a ‘Jeepney’ (the famous public utility vehicle of the Philippines). Then got down at the local market, visited my aunt’s loading station then bought some bread, after which I took a tricycle (aka trike) to my grandmother’s house, which took less than 10 minutes to do all in all.

Had lunch of course, just got done playing a game in PS2 then went through my card box. And lo and behold. Beyond my Magic cards, lay my first cards, Pokemon cards. So I decided to make a deck out of all the cards in the pile. I came up with a Fire-Fighting Deck with Machamp, Raticate, and Arcanine as key monsters. Gust of Wind, Bill, Energy Retrival being the key Trainer cards.

My Budget Bant/Budget Blue-White or Blue-Green deck I still under creation. So hard to make an effective budget deck that revolves around the colors of Bant (Blue, Green, White). So, to make the deck a little faster, I decided to chip in cards that allow you to Cascade, and my favourite card so far Finest Hour. To top Finset Hour off, I added cards that provide Exalted ability. Now all that’s missing are the creatures. Tsk!

So anyway, before today (yesterday of course) I fried Bangus (Milk Fish) for lunch. When I put the fish in the hot oil, oil splatterd and scalded my right arm a little. So today my featured topic is about Burns and Scalds.


Step 1:

You will need

  • 1 non-stick sterile dressing
  • 1 roller bandage
  • 1 adhesive tape
Step 2:

Soothe with cold water

Now help the person hold their injured limb under running cold water for at least 10 minutes. This will ease the pain by helping to cool the injury and keep the skin well hydrated. If there is no water to hand, try cold canned drinks, milk or any other harmless non-flammable liquid.
Step 3:

Make the person comfortable

Make the injured person comfortable. If possible, help them to sit down at a table where you can put your first aid supplies.
Step 4:

Wash hands thoroughly

Now, using soap, wash and dry your hands thoroughly and put on a pair of disposable gloves if available
Step 5:

Remove jewellery or restrictive garments

Remove any jewellery, watches, belts or restrictive clothing from the injured area in case of swelling
If blisters develop be careful not to burst them
Step 6:

Apply burn cream

Read the instructions carefully before applying the burn cream. If there are any blisters be careful not to burst them, as this might cause an infection.
Step 7:

Apply dressing

Cover the injured part with a non-stick sterile dressing to help stop infection. If there is blistering, make sure the dressing extends well beyond the edges of it.
Step 8:

Apply bandage

Next bandage the dressing loosely in place. Watch VideoJug film ‘how to apply a roller bandage' for the full technique.
Step 9:

Check circulation

Once you have finished, check the circulation of the injured limb by pressing on one of the nails or skin of the hand until it becomes pale. Then release, and if the colour does not come back within 2 to 3 seconds, then circulation is likely to be impaired and the bandage too tight.
Take the bandage off, if this doesn't improve circulation, remove all restrictive bandaging, hold dressings in place and immediately seek medical advice.

Step 10:

Seek medical advice

You should seek medical advice if you are worried about the severity of the burn. Be aware that when any skin is burned away there is an increased risk of infection which may develop at any point before the wound is fully healed

No comments: